Whenever I need a break from drawing or indulging in too much of the 2D spectrum, I tend to turn to blocks. I've had Lego bricks since I was a small child and I have miraculously kept a lot of it still, wich I keep in three bedrollers. It is now a mix of my own old, my brothers Lego and some new sets since I started to build more with Lego in 2016.
Here is a lighthouse I'm currently working on (with disco lights in the tower).
And a shot from the other side.
I was inspired when I got into Lego again and found out about their modular buildings. So I wanted my lighthouse to also be able to be disassembled between floors.
My brother introduced me to Minecraft in 2021, and I severely connected with it. Here is some picture of my first house build (in survival for those in the know).
I struggled with my fear of hights during the building of those front arches. Looking back at it now I chuckle, so I guess Minecraft can help with that phobia (also spiders) :-).
After some time guiding me through the the do's and don'ts my brother and I went full creative mode and designed a medieval city.
And I couldn't resist building a castle.
Right now I'm building two vehicles for R. R. Slugger's Lego summer happening wich he have kept doing for the last three years. This years theme is "Dryrites", pirates wich plunder on land instead of the seas. You can check out more in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1svGj_Pf7AI
This is the first time I participate, with a pirate scorpion track-driven vehicle and an arachnid abomination.
It is all great fun, and if you would like to join and build something of your own to fit the theme, please do! The deadline is the 15th of august.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar